Running Oracle database inside Amazon Cloud
Lots of people talk about cloud nowadays. Working with Oracle databases for about 9 years, I wanted to see how Oracle database would work inside Amazon Web Services cloud and how to get this running from the scratch.
During the next days I will post some experiences and stumbling blocks and other howto related stuff:
- How to appropriately set up your AWS account and environment: Step 1
- Amazon Cloud Basics for Oracle DBAs: Step 2
- How to create an Oracle instance: Step 3
- How to access my Oracle instance in the cloud (SSH, RDP, File Transfer, Listener, SQL*Plus): Step 4
- How to do some very useful automation / scripting
- How about performance in the cloud?
- How to do backups inside the cloud or into the cloud
Please feel free to comment!